Excellence Remastered – Almost Everything Has Changed
The Naim Streaming Platform
At the heart of Mu-so 2nd Generation is Naim’s music-streaming platform, developed by 25 engineers over 3 years to offer the very best performance whether playing your own digital music collection, a world of Internet radio, or music streaming services such as TIDAL and Spotify. This acclaimed innovation is uniquely found in Naim music-streaming products, such as its Uniti range and dedicated network players, including the £20,000 flagship ND 555.
DSP – The heart of the System
The all-new multicore Digital Signal Processor (DSP) drives higher performance, providing 2000 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second) compared to the original Mu-so’s single-core, 150MIPS DSP. You can also hear even more from your music.
Naim has also created a brand new limiter algorithm that keeps each of Mu-so 2nd Generation’s speaker drivers’ movement under control when at high volume levels. The new limiter, by design; is only active at extreme volume levels, and helps to retain the music’s clarity and increase long term reliability.
Enhanced Feature Set
Mu-so 2nd Generation is packed full of game-changing performance, feature and functionality upgrades. Enjoy your music, any way you want:
- Qobuz – over 50 million tracks and the largest selection of Studio Masters available.
- TIDAL – over 50 million tracks.
- Chromecast built-in – native support for Google’s latest technology.
- Spotify® Connect
- Bluetooth (aptX HD)
- Internet Radio™ – access thousands of worldwide stations and save your favourites to pre-sets.
- UPnP™ (Universal Plug ‘n’ Play) – stream stored music from a PC, Mac or NAS drive.
- Digital/Analgoue Inputs – boost audio from digital sources with optical outputs (TVs, set top boxes, games consoles, etc.) or use the built0in stereo jack (3.5mm) to connect Mu-so to other devices.
- USB – connect a USB memory stick or external hard drive to experience stored music in audiophile quality.
- Remote Control – Mu-so Gen2 comes with a stylish, easy to use remote control allowing quick access to common functions including volume, play/pause and track skip.
- Naim App Control – easily browse by artist, genre, album and more, complete with artwork and extended music information. You can also control volume, light settings, room modes and create playlists.
- Loudness Control – intelligently boosts bass and treble to give you a complete musical experience whatever volume you choose.
- HDMI ARC – easily connect to your TV for audiophile sound quality from it.
- Multiroom – combine with other networked Naim products, pair with compatible AirPlay2 products via Apple Home App, or pair with other Chromecast devices via Google Home App.
- Room Compensation – tailor your listening experience to best suit your space. Choose from three different settings – Near Wall; Near Corner; No Compensation (in free space) to adapt Mu-so2nd Gen to your room.
- Alarm Clock – enabled via settings menu in the Naim app.
- Wireless Updates – over-the-air software updates at the touch of a button.
- Roon Ready – transform the experience of browsing music with beautifully laid-out, automatically located metadata all interconnected to build a surfable, searchable digital magazine of your music collection.
Optimised Speaker Drivers
Mu-so 2nd Generation’s 450 Watts of music power are joined by improved and highly optimised speaker drivers – a joint development project between Naim and Focal R&D departments.
Focal has been creating benchmark acoustic equipment since 1979, and its expertise has taken speaker-driver precision and performance to new levels.
Discover The New Intuitive Dial
Mu-so Gen2’s new intuitive interface has 15 touch sensitive buttons and a bold, illuminated volume dial with a proximity sensor that wakes the display. Functions include:
- Create a multiroom group with other Naim products
- Tap to pair Bluetooth device
- Cycle through external Inputs (HDMI, Digital, Analogue)
- Tap to play from USB device
- Tap to resume play queue (Spotify Resume if user is logged in)
- Directly access favourites
- Chromecast Indicator
- AirPlay Indicator
- Spotify Indicator
- Alarm clock Indicator
Premium aluminium casing, in a new burnished grey finish. It may look similar outside, but inside Mu-so 2nd Generation, the majority of components have been upgraded to improve performance.
The cabinet design has been re-engineered to create 13% more internal volume, enabling bigger, better bass. Both the cabinet bracing and baffle moulding have been redesigned for improved rigidity, which suppresses and controls vibrations.
The distinctive heat-sink fins are now more compact, while still being ultra-effective, and continuing to feature Naim patented technology that discreetly incorporates the wi-fi antenna.
Mu-so 2nd Generation’s speaker grille has had a style update. The standard black grille can be easily swapped for one of 3 new colour options – Olive, Terracotta and Peacock – to best suit your taste and décor.